1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play iso on 3.03 oe-a

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by TaiNt101, Jan 7, 2007.

1. TaiNt101

TaiNt101 Member

How to do that? i´m a complete noob.

Have getting many answers so Okey, well. as a summary this is how to do !!

step 1: Put the iso in a folder called "ISO" (in caps) in your mem stick root
    Step 2: go to the memorystick in the game menu on the psp. To start the game put an UMD in the UMD tray, or enter the "no umd mode" by restart your psp and hold down the Right shoulder button while starting up your psp. and then play the games.

That´s how to do it?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  2. bongguru

bongguru Regular member

There should be a folder on your memory card named "ISO" in cap's,if not create one and place your iso or cso images in there.

3. TaiNt101

TaiNt101 Member

and after i´ve done that?? how to start them??

4. grokki

grokki Member

wow...

5. TaiNt101

TaiNt101 Member

That post did me rally good.. now i know how to play iso´s on my 3.03 oe-a'... NOT

6. TaiNt101

TaiNt101 Member

Well. =D Now i saw that in the memorystick in "game" menu ther was my games.. xD Now i feel like a total noob.. ehhm. but that is what i am xD

EDIT

But i cant play the games. it just says " the game could not be started" =/

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  7. john-e-i

john-e-i Guest

iso/cso must be in the root of the memory stick in a folder called ISO if its not caps it wont work, psx games must be in GAME folder under hte PSP folder, then u just go load from mem stick games and it will work, it sounds like from what u say that you have the games in the wrong area so check that if not then i would go and get a different game and try it, also downloading games isnt good as majority of the time during hte download a little bit of data is lost in cyber space, its best to rent or use original umd to make "backup"

8. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

Eternalis' 3.0X guide needs to be stickied as there are so many questions that people could figure out with that guide and a bit of common sense.

9. TaiNt101

TaiNt101 Member

Thx. now i realised that i had not "ISO" in caps, and also i needed to have i umd in the umd tray. But now, with all your help, i can play my games =)

Many thanx to you

10. gzach

gzach Regular member

there is also the no umd mode with less compatability

11. TaiNt101

TaiNt101 Member

how to enter the "no umd mode" then?

12. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

hold down the right shoulder button when you power the PSP up to enter the recovery menu. It's an option in there.

13. TaiNt101

TaiNt101 Member

Okey, well. as a summary this is how to do !!

step 1: Put the iso in a folder called "ISO" (in caps) in your mem stick root
    Step 2: go to the memorystick in the game menu on the psp. To start the game put an UMD in the UMD tray, or enter the "no umd mode" by restart your psp and hold down the Right shoulder button while starting up your psp. and then play the games.

That´s how to do it?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  14. coolman2

coolman2 Member

15. harmonize

harmonize Member

First comment on afterdawn... so be gentle :)

I've had a ceramic white 1.5 psp since jap launch, and have used every dark_alex custom firmware available. I'm now on 3.03oe and in most respect it works excellently. Most ISOs/CSOs work perfectly from the Game menu of the XMB, but i cant get MGS or Me & My Katamari to load. both give me a black screen. I've set No UMD to off in the recovery menu, and am using a spiderman movie umd. I've also tried Devhook 5.10 but the system restarts to a "configuration corrupted error". If anyone has a second, some suggestions would be cool.

Thanks!

Harmonize

16. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

You can't use a movie UMD, it has to be a game.

17. harmonize

harmonize Member

Thanks, but it's worked with every other iso or cso i've tried and earlier versions of devhook... does it have to be a game umd with 3.03OE

18. afgshady

afgshady Member

ok i did everthing u guyz said and i hold down the right shoulder when i turn on my psp but when i go to under games and pick the game i want to play but it says THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED (80020321) can someone help me

19. TaiNt101

TaiNt101 Member

Step 2: go to the memorystick in the game menu on the psp. To start the game put an UMD in the UMD tray, or enter the "no umd mode" by restart your psp and hold down the Right shoulder button while starting up your psp.

20. bombproof

bombproof Member

Im a Noob who has learned by my mistakes and have finally got mine to run ISO and CSO Games Files to work.

I recently bought a jap 1.50 psp, I made a New ISO folder( in CAPS) next to PSP folder in Ms(Memory Card)then rebooted, I then extracted 3.03OE-A
    (Noob Version)to Ms root(memory Card)and Installed it via the Install Icon in GAME/MEMORY CARD on Psp Screen and then rebooted and then extracted 3.03OE-B to Ms root and done the same. I added my ISO/CSO Games to ISO Folder each time booting back up and now my Games work as they should do.

Now this is mostly for the Noobs as I have spent countless hours faffing around with my console but to the most psp techies this might sound like a logic way to do it as everytime I booted up I assume the Memory card acknowledges the files properly so anyway after countless updating and formating until i got to a stage where I loaded 3.03OE-A and got a black screen which i had to Recover back to 1.50 but I got past that in recovery by enabling "no use Umd" and then powering up which believe me was a huge relieve. Remember to load Recovery file before you do anything just in case upgrading wont boot back up properly, at least you can then goto Recovery mode and click the Reboot to 1.50.

Hope this helps to have a easy set up.

Anyone who is a master at Versions and Recoveries please can you link here these files so the novice has a easy job and not a bricked door stopper, I know as ive nearly been there and reading threads like this has really helped, Many thanks

NOOB 1.50 Recovery file/3.03OE-A/3.03OE-B/