1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:: play NFS underground using a backup ::

Discussion in 'PS2' started by babelfish, Mar 25, 2004.

1. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

ok, this game is kinda cool but i cant play online using my backup (ARITA DVD-R written at 1x on crappy LG burner) as thereis a disk check... the original works fine... is therer a way round this that anyone knows of? cheers

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

play with the ogirinal and not the backup... online the backup wont work cuz of dnas.. do a search next time...

3. billz

billz Active member

hold on there a second cyprien, there's actually been a break thru get the beta patch at ps2nfo.com people are playing backups online now!!

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well untill i see it proprly tested and atleast with a better gui i wont be using it... i used it on few games and wasted few dvd-r by doing so... the backup refuse to go online i tested SSX3.. socom2.. NFSU... o well like i use backups online anyway...

5. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

well - i just wanted to see.... i have tried to have a few games on the original but no one wants to race - odd huh...

Cyprien - have a spliff and chill man :) i did do a seach but im obviously too much of a spanner to find it ;)

looks like the DNAS trick isnt yert fully working - work in progress

6. billz

billz Active member

did you try doing it with cdmage?

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i did try and im not going to waste more dvd-rs.... they say devs can look at it and i did... well the patcher can be generic from what i see... it can include multiple files that contain the data that is being patched like the codes in the iop... a better gui could be applied... in other words it works like this... patcher loads iso>reads the dnas>patch the right code>saves iso>says everything went ok... a simple thing to do but takes 2 days to do and build the right way... also it needs a list of all the games contaning the codes and the code list aswell... that can take a while... sometimes it's nice to know c+ n vb and asm lol...