1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

play online with harddrive?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by InfernaI, Aug 16, 2004.

1. InfernaI

InfernaI Member

i apologize for not seeing the answer if it been discuss.
    but i wanna ask if you can play online game like resident evil outbreak online with your hdloader?

i dont know if it was my connection or the network adapter isn't functioning but the game said it did not found hardware ----- something i forget what more it say.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

you cannot play any games running from your hdd using HDLoader on line, you need the original disc inserted to play online.

If that's what your asking. I wish you could though, as does everyone else.

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Geestar20,

Just a question.. Is it possible to use "Kai" with the HDloader and play online? I know the Kai service allows you to play gamecube,ps2,xbox no matter what system you have together. It also allows your backups to be played from the harddrive.. This works with the XBOX. I was wondering if you might know about the PS2?

Matt

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Never tried. Might be worth a shot though.(never heard of it)
    I ran a search and have had no luck with anybody runnuning hdloader on line and successfully worked.

give me kai webb site please
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]new pic coming soon so stay tooned![/small]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  5. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I was just curious if you might know.. I have a modded PS2 but havent made my decision to get a hard drive yet. Since I modded my XBOX I dont really mess with it anymore.. Here is the Kai link.. http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

Matt

6. InfernaI

InfernaI Member

yeah cause the loading for RE will be faster with a HD. i'll need to buy more dvd-r then

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I don't know if it's worth getting a HDDloader and HDD, cause all your doing is playing the game without the disc.

120gb Harddrive $100 more or less
    HDDloader $30 more or less

Sure it saves your laser life but with that amount of money your spending you can buy another laser.

I have both HDDloader and a modded ps2, but I think it's cheaper just to use backups instead of Hddloader and Hard drive

8. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Sounds like it still has alot of issues from what I have read so far.. Nothing like the XBOX.. I love it.. take it easy

Matt

9. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Yeah, XBOX has the hard drive down pretty good, but i think ps2 put the hard drive on it's last thing to do list.

10. 3dogs

3dogs Guest

Try this link out,they have disc for your loader so it can play backup games.http://www.modchip.ca/