1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

play ps2 games with no mod-chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ganglead, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ganglead

ganglead Member

can please help me knowing if i can play a ps2 game with no mod-chip.

the game is copied and i have a ps2 that dosent have a mod-chip how do i play it plese help i have ia dvd burner -rw that works perfect help me is there a guide or a software help me please

2. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

3. steimy

steimy Active member

do a search
    you need Swap Magic and one other mod to the PS2
    the other mod depends on which model PS2 you have

4. 2HOTT4U

2HOTT4U Guest

yo, u'll need swap magic and a slide tool or ar max

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2007
  5. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

PLZ HELP ME!!!!!

Ok, so last week i got my ps2 modded with a matrix green dot. i gave the guy JUST the motherboard and chip. the installation was VERY well done, but the wires were taped in bunches. the soldering was perfect, but he soldered the H point, which it doesnt say to connect. i put in the upgrade disk. then i got the red screen "please insert a ps2/ps2 disk" so i put in a backup. red screen again. so i put in som originals. they all worked fine. i checked all the solder points. perfect. so i disconnected the H point. the same results. tryed 5 types of top notch media. not matter what i do, the same result. its acting like an unmodded ps2. what do i do? the chip is genuine, the seldering is great,but the chip has never worked.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

you should always give your whole system to someone installing a chip, how can they possible test it and make sure it works?
    It could be a bad chip or something but now there is really no way to tell. And if you are not able to flash the chip with the firmware it is not going to load any back up discs.

7. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

ive tried loading the upgrade disk, but it wont run. shouldnt it come flashed with sumthin from the factory?