1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play svcd from HDD and put on VHS

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Skipdkid, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Skipdkid

Skipdkid Member

Hello all,

I have merged 2 svcd files into one. I know want to play it directly from my hdd filename AVSEQ01.mpeg sits in a folder called MPEG2 also have a folder called EXT and one called SVCD.

I then want to connect my pc to the TV via a scart to my video recorder and record the movie on VHS is this possile if so how ?

BTW I am a complete plank so full idiot proof instructions are required :)

thanks all in advance :D

2. runner57

runner57 Member

yes, preferably with a video card that decodes mpg2 (decoder in hardware)

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

This would all depend on your Video card , But basicly you can use a simple Program like "TV Tool" to configure the TV out on your Video card , and depending on your Video Card and your VCR you would hook the TV out up to the Input on the VCR and Record away...If your VCR only has Composite Inputs(RCA Inputs) and your Video Card only has a S-Video output you are going to need a S-Video to Composite Adapter, and You might need another adapter to go from your Sound Cards speaker output to the Composite audio inputs on your VCR...There is no exact way we can tell you what you will have to do because every Video/Sound card and VCR setup is different, you would Probably get better info from your Video Card Manufacturer....Good Luck

PS: I think it might work better if you go from your DVD Player to your VCR that is if you have these SVCD"s on Disk..._X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2003