1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playable ps2 games on PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Danycacks, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Danycacks

Danycacks Regular member

i would like to know which games would be playable on the ps3.and what psOne games are gonna be playable too.does anyone know.

if there's another forum about this please tell me.thanks

2. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

the PS3 has PS2 hardware in it thus will run 98% of PS2 games you need a frimware fix to get most PSX games going.

BTW '$'ony is removing the PS2 hardware opting for a cheaper and less functional emulation of PS2 and PSX making new support for any old game bleek...because they said they don't want to fool with it....

but for now you are set.

3. hade

hade Regular member

the ps2 game library consists of several thousands of games. i believe sony announced they would have some 1000 BC titles available for the euro launch. one can only think, of the 1000 titles the majority of them will probably be the more popular ps2 games. this whole BC argument could very well be nothing in time depending on what titles are on the list. here is an article from IGN about BC and its future.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/769/769163p1.html

as the system progresses...
    and another take from the article
    i actually think he is mostly correct on this one here, BC is more of a luxury than anything else. it was however a nice feature sony announced for the ps3, but also having some thousand titles working isn't really all that bad.

here is the US link for playstation 3 BC support. basically you enter the name of a game and it checks the status on that game.
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  4. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

hade
    well they have also stated its not something they care about they will get the main titles working I see that much but it will be akin to MS's efforts since they hate old games I hate their new systems :p

Really both are sloping about so damn much I am loath to spend money on them,to me both are currently worth 200 well the 360 150 because of all the hardware issues....

my god double the BWC staff and put support to a buck a game or 25$ yearly upgrades something that supports what I have but no they refuse to even try 90% of the time.