1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playback burned dvd on my computer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by divina, Aug 21, 2004.

1. divina

divina Member

I have been copying dvd for thr past year. The latest backups will not play on windvd or powerdvd but will play on my home dvd player. Why?? Do I need a patch??
    Any help would be appeciated

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

divina,

Welcome to aD -

What have you done recently that might have changed anything -

Anything to your PC

New media ?

Not knowing anything about your PC, drives, your software, your media, can't even hazzard a guess -

cheers

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

It may help to reinstall both PowerDVD and WinDVD. The codecs may have been boogered up somehow :)

4. divina

divina Member

Thanks for the reply. I am running widowxp on a 8100 dell laptop. The burner is a philips and burns +R. I have been burning on TDK discs without a problem. I have done nothing new to the computer. I have reloaded the software (dvd x plat) with no change. Also tried cloner II but no change I have reinstalled windvd4 x2 without sucess. Tried downloading windvd6 and powerdvd both trial software off the net and still it will not read the disc. It states unfamilair format. The software will play rented dvd's and previos burned dvd without a ploblem. Very strange....