1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playback freezes

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Nik1234, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Nik1234

Nik1234 Member

hi, i am using the newest version of dvdfab platinum, verbatim disks, burning at 8x. i was burning with dvdfab: they have an option to use either nero or VSO burning engine. firstly i was using the VSO burning engine, but after lots of playback problems i decided to let dvdfab burn with nero 8. it burns with no problems but i am still getting this "freesing" when i play back or sometimes no playback at all.

another thing to mention is when dvdfab burns using nero, only a Video_TS folder is produced (not an Audio_ts folder). will this make a difference to playing the dvd?

also is their a difference with ordinary verbatim disks and verbatim disks with Tayio Yuden?

2. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Nero 8 is troublesome. Either do a compete uninstall and run a registry cleaner and go with Nero 7; or, get ImgBurn and roll with that.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/imgburn.cfm

Ripping with Dvdfab produces a video_ts folder, the audio is in there. It's fine for the Audio_ts folder to be empty.

Taiyo Yuden is the cadillac of blank media. The made in Japan Verbatims are the ones you want. Check the packaging or use Dvd Identifier to check.

3. Nik1234

Nik1234 Member

hi thanks for the reply. unfortunately nero 7 is not compatible with my OS (vista home premium).

yes the audio folder is always empty, however burning with nero doesn't even produce an audio_ts folder. when i click on my computer, then "explore" the dvd, i only see one folder which is the video_ts folder. i was wondering if this would have any effect on playback. i read somewhere that both folders need to be there (regardless if the audio_ts is empty or not). dvd players need both folders to be created so it recognises it. i dont know, jus something i read.

as with the disks, i purchase from the internet so don't get to see where it is made untill it arrives

thanks for the response

4. Nik1234

Nik1234 Member

sorry, just another quick thing...is tayio yuden and verbatim 2 seperate media, or is that one media?

5. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Keep the same attributes for burning; produce an ISO image of the same files, and then burn using ImgBurn.

6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

The TY Verbs will be hard to find if you don't live in the U.K., but if you live the in states look for the Verbatims that have Made in Taiwan on the label. They are two different companies, TY manufactures some DVD's for Verbatim using TY dye, but Verbatims discs are very good in their own right.

How big is the movie you are trying to compress? Excessive compression can produce "flaws" in the final product as well.

8. Nik1234

Nik1234 Member

ok i will try using imgburn

it does not just happen on one disk, happens on amjority of them, regardless of how much compression. one time a dvd could do 83% and it still produced a dvd that does not play right. really annoying