1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback issue with DVD rip

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jmhoward, Apr 6, 2005.

1. jmhoward

jmhoward Guest

hey there. i want to start off by apologizing, as i am sure that this topic has already been discussed. i looked around but couldn't find anything.

i am trying to burn a copy-righted dvd for backup. i am currently using anydvd 4.6.3.1 and clonedvd 2.7.5.1 which i just downloaded from the slysoft website. my dvd burner is a memorex 8x dual format and my media is prodisk dvd+r 4.7gb 16x.

okay...hope that is enough background...now here's the problem:
    i have anydvd running in the background and i open clonedvd to copy the dvd straight from another mounted dvd-rom. everything seems to burn correctly with no errors, but when i try to play the burned dvd in my dvd player it acts as if there is no disk, the dvd wont read.

if anyone knows of a fix to this problem, please let me know i would appreciate it. thanks

2. jmhoward

jmhoward Guest

oh...i forgot to mention. my stand alone dvd player is a philips dvp642, which supports both dvd+/-.

thanks again

3. noggle

noggle Member

yeh mate this happened me. sometimes dvd doesnt read on player and sometimes it freezes skips chapters etc. it depends on ur dvd player, i hav 2 and dvds work perfect on the older player.
    also i was told 2 update my firmware using
    http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/LiveUpdate/LiveUpdate.asp