1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playback movie freezes plays then freezes in last chapters

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by srmarsh, Dec 30, 2004.

1. srmarsh

srmarsh Guest

I have been using DVD Shrink 3.117 for a long time. Have burned numerous movies without a problem. Recently the last several movies I've burned, the last 2 chapters of the movie will freeze then play a couple frames then freeze so on and on to the end of the movie. I have not changed anything in the way I burn or as far as software added. I do not run other programs while burning. I am using the same DVD+r disks I always have. Ritek 4.7 4X I burn on a Pacifid Digital burner 4X. Does anyone have a suggestion??? This is very frustrating and costly as the dvds are too expensive to just throw away.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hmmm...have you tried using shrink 3.2? Also, how old is your burner?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  3. srmarsh

srmarsh Guest

no I haven't and my burner, I'm not sure about I purchased it and the next month they came out with the 8X, probably a couple years old. Guess I'm having a hard time figuring out why all the sudden I'm having problems.

4. srmarsh

srmarsh Guest

Just found the date installed on the burner... 12-31-2003. Just seemed longer:)

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Why not try 3.2, it's much better, especially with the new quality controls. If it doesn't work we've narrowed the problem down somewhat.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Try setting the target size in dvd shrink to 4300 mb. That way you won't burn clear to the outer edge of the disc.

7. srmarsh

srmarsh Guest

Thanks everyone I'll try your suggestions!