1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback only in BW !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ozyredeye, Aug 9, 2004.

1. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

Hi Everyone
    I have just updated to a new Toshiba RD-XS32 HDD DVD Player (old player was a Pioneer DV355)I burning with Nero6 ...When I burn my media Ritek G04/05 I can only get Playback in BW no color at all..the original disc a R2 plays in color ..the new player is a multizone player just like the old one ...I have tried to burn in UDF/ISO format and separately as well even ticked the UDF format for Xbox ....still no color I'm ripped with DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor just incase there was a difference there still no good mind you all the disc's burned will play fine in the old player ...
    Anyone got some inside to this one ???

thanks Martin

2. salar86

salar86 Member

my post wasn't relevant-deleted

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  3. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

I was told that the new player is DVD Region free BUT and here comes the but it will play it in clear BW and you current multisystem TV convert is to color ...how stupid is that ...as I dont want to update my TV just yet I'm left with 2 options one is get a NTSC to PAL Converter or Find some software that will allow me to Rip the NTSC files and Burn them in PAL format ....So if there is such a program and you know what it is called PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    I have looked everwhere but just canot find one ..the olny one I've found is AVI but that is with Mpeg and not with VOB files

thanks Martin

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi ozyredeye, Type PAL TO NTSC in the search box at the top of the page. You should get about 2 dozen or so hits on this subject. Hope this helps you sort this out.

Jerry

5. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

Thanks I did see all those but they are for PAL to NTSC I need it the other way round ......
    thanks Martin

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member