1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback Problem Desperate

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by phoenix11, Sep 25, 2005.

1. poggy

poggy Guest

yo scuba pete, thats probab;y half the problem, i got bout 21Gb hard drive left out of 160Gb as for RAM, how do i find that

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

just right click my computer and you should see the amount you have:

[​IMG]

3. poggy

poggy Guest

ah ok that thing, yeah i got 512Mb of RAM. thinking of just giving up on the whole damn thing! does the fact that its got AMD 64 Athlon instead of intel matter?

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

no not at all, thats fine.

5. phoenix11

phoenix11 Member

Hey Poggy, man I understand your pain, mate, it's bloody frustrating but if you hang in there these guys can help you. It's just a matter of eliminating things, so be patient and take the advice. Don't give up, we are all on your side.

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

when was the last time you did a clean install off your system.
    You seem to have an abundance of burning apps, do you use all of them? or are they accumulated and you just havent got around to uninstalling them?

7. poggy

poggy Guest

sorry dude for the delays in reply, my email is playing up and i dont always get notified of emails. as for the the apps, yeah they have accumulated just sorta covering my bases really. update is i have figured out how to burn dvds from ripped ones (divxtodvd) but the back up ones i'm trying are still playing games. i'm gonna have another crack at it tonight but dont know what program to use! nero should work bu then again so should dvdclone. any ideas?

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

not neccessarily true i'm afraid.There is some contention that the more burning apps that you have on your pc can or will eventaully lead to your pc getting an overlaod and this may account for the lack of burning thats occurring.

i do a backup of my system every 6 months or so as the stuff really does accumulate.When this happens i found that my system would go slow, i would have trouble burning dvds etc.

I think i had about 50 burning and encoding apps loaded.

9. poggy

poggy Guest

true! man thats alot of apps. well i've figured out the ripped dvd side of things, they seem t be going good. its the 'back-up' copies i've got on here that aren't burning right. i used to dvd decrypter to copy onto the computer (and everything is fine. its plays on the pc fine) i have tried buring with nero and clone dvd but they are both burning with a skip in them. the sound and visual jumps. i've looked at the buring speed and the slowest they give you is 4x, which i use. you know of any good apps that with burn a decrypted dvd onto a disc? (by the way, i'm not buring all the files from each dvd, just the main movie one cos of size, that matter?)

10. phoenix11

phoenix11 Member

One of the things I did was a complete reinstall of windows via the recovery tools. A friend of mine said that the sonicdvd preinstalled on the pc, when activated, can play havoc with other apps. So I uninstalled the whole sonicdvd thing as part of my solution. My stuff works great now, am using divxtodvd2 registered version to convert and nero burning to burn. I do not use nero vision express at all because divxtodvd is really the only converter you need. If it doesn't work for you, try the winavi converter which is on a par with the divxtodvd. If at all possible stay away from nero vision express. Before this problem, Nero Vision Express was the ONLY application I ever used and I was very reluctant to let it go but I did, and there's no regrets.
    BTW dvdtodivx has an inbuilt burner that you can use to burn your files instead of nero.Just go to options, burning, and tick burn result to dvd. Winavi also has its own burner, and dvd decrypter will also burn your vobs.

11. poggy

poggy Guest

ok thanks dude. so with the whole reinstall thing whats the go witht hat? do i have to back up any files or wont it effect them at all? do reinstall sonic or delete it all together? the divxtodvd i have being using to convert and then burn to dvd (for ripped dvd's) didnt know it did VOB also. will try it. thx

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

gee with phoenix11 helping you, you dont need me.(God redundant again.............lol)

13. poggy

poggy Guest

yeah you've gone and done that to yourself ya know. haha so tell me, i've got the ripped dvd worked out. now the back up copy from dvd decrypter is my next challenge. divxtodvd wont let me burn a 6.7Gb dvd to a4.7Gb so i have to burn just the main movie. there some way of working out exactly which file is the main movie. pheonix11, step me thru your process of backing-up a encrypted dvd to a dvd i can stick in my player and enjoy. i'll see if i'm missing somethang

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

there is another way.Clonedvd ver2 will allow you to compress your 6.7 gig to a 4.3 gig disc through compression.More often than not if you dont know what to look for ,you wont be able to tell how the quality suffers .

Just an alternative but you will be able to back the whole disc and extras with this method

15. phoenix11

phoenix11 Member

I use dvd shrink and dvd decrypter for all my backups. check out this place for some great hints on backups etc. If after that there are still some things you need to know let me know and I will guide you.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

must agree pete does have some good guides.

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I heard that :)

Thanks Guys :)D)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
  18. andmerr

andmerr Guest

your always welcome pete!!!!!!!!

19. poggy

poggy Guest

hey guys hows it all going? sorry about it looking like ignoring y'all but i havent really been near my computer in a while. basically with the help of you guys i have figured it all out and am now happily burning away. my next conquest is bin and cue files, but after looking around afterdawn i have been helped with that too. thanks again and catch ya's later.

20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

no probs, later