1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playback problem...pls help

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by dhaxxx, Jun 20, 2007.

1. dhaxxx

dhaxxx Guest

i have the Sony DCR-S40 HDD camcorder that records mpeg2 but when I tried to burn it in a DVD+R and then watching it in my philips DivX dvp5140, all I see are clips being shown not in a normal way.. does it has something to do with frames per second? how can I work on this? is there a certain software that I can use to solve this?

I appreciate the help...

2. attar

attar Senior member

Which software are you using to burn the DVD.
    Do you burn at no more than 4x.
    Does the disk play without problems on the PC?

3. dhaxxx

dhaxxx Guest

i am using nero 7.0 ultra edition and I am burning at 8X speed as a data disc... by the way, the compression for the movie clips from the Sony camcorder is MPEG-2.Does Philips DivX dvp5140 support this kind of compression?

It did not work at my PC before, it is like running in a slower frame rate (just like the same problem with my dvp5140) ... but after installing the codecs (actually, installing DivX software into my system), it turned out fine. And all the movie clips from the camcorder are now being viewed perfect...

4. dhaxxx

dhaxxx Guest

Is there a need for me to burn it in a slower rate? no more than 4X? because I burned it with the max speed 8X...

5. attar

attar Senior member

The Nero Forum at Afterdawn says to only use DVD media that is 'Made in Japan' or 'Verbatim' and burned 4x

6. dhaxxx

dhaxxx Guest

Hey pal thanks for the reply...

I am using Maxell DVD media to burn my files...

I have tried burning some of my movie files (*.avi, *.mpg) and it works fine when I play it in my philips dvp5140 DivX player...(Note: I burned it at 8X speed)

I am using the same Maxell DVD media to burn my movie files from my Sony DVD camcorder... only that it does not play fine...

I don't think it has something to do with the media or does it?

Or it has something to do with the compression that is not supported by the Philips DivX player?

7. attar

attar Senior member

The DVD movie format is MPEG2, so the player should not have any problem playing it.
    Before authoring to the DVD, does the video look ok?

Try converting it with this program, then go to the output folder and either play it with your media player or click on the largest .vob file and see if it looks ok.
    If it's ok, burn it (4x) to dvd.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe
    Import the file(s) (AVI, WMV,MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007