1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback problem with Dual Layer DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by vakharia, Apr 19, 2005.

1. vakharia

vakharia Member

I used DVD shrink to backup a DVD movie from my hard disk to a DVD +R Dual Layer disc (Imation brand). I have a Sony DRU710a writer. The problem is that the audio on the movie is fine when played on the computer. But when I play the DVD in my APEX 1200 DVD player, there is no audio ON THE SECOND LAYER. The first half of the movie plays fine and the audio is great. As soon as the layer changes, the DVD player wont play any sound. Moreover, the "extras" won't even play (hangs) since they are stored in the "second" layer. My DVD player plays other Dual Layer original movies fine. So it is not a compatibility issue with dual layer discs. Something went wrong in burning I think. Where does the problem lie?

2. L3on

L3on Member

How did you BURN it ?? I burned Around 10 DVD's All of them are fine

Can youtell me The Brand of DVD's and How many you already burned ??

Original Dual Layers and Back up's totaly different things

All DVD Players play Original DVD's and They All DL ,But not all Play Back up's isn't it

3. vakharia

vakharia Member

Thanks L3on. I already mentioned that I burned it using DVD Shrink. I used DVD decrypter to decrypt the movie to my hard disk first.

This was the first dual layer dvd that I burned. I have burned many DVD +r, -r, +rw. And all have worked fine.

I already mentioned that the brand I used was "Imation".

I hope this helps.