1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback problems after using Gordian Knot

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by cdb0788, Jan 7, 2003.

1. cdb0788

cdb0788 Member

I am trying to encode and have followed the Gordian Knot guide for Divx 5 but I'm having some playback issues. The video plays well and looks good and the audio is good UNTIL I try to fast forward. If it doesn't crash my Divx Player, it will jump forward frames but the audio is out of sync. If I try to open the video file in VirtualDub, it gives me the error VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source .avi file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. If I do this, the fast forward problem is fixed but my audio is very much out of sync. Is there something I am missing. I have tried re-encoding this several times and even with different audio options. I can play the Video only file OK and the audio file OK but once they are combined, I have problems. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2003
  2. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

I don't know how much better it would be, or if it would completely fix your problem but there is a version of virtual dub (virtual dub mod (this is the best one) or virtual dub mp3 freeze or nandub) that should fix that problem, I think it says like a 2 ms skew which is like .02 of a second, which is really small. that should fix it. if there is still a problem what you do is save the audio from the file separately as a wave or mp3 in cbr format then when you go to re-encode the video instead of using avi as the source of audio use the wave or mp3 that you created earlier and that *should* work