1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLAYBACK PROBLEMS HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Jacquioo1, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Jacquioo1

Jacquioo1 Member

Having downloaded some movies, converted using vso and burned using nero i succesfully watched some movies on my dvd player. I use ritec discs and burn at the lowest speed which is 4x. However suddenly i've download several movies (rocky balboa, pursuit of happyness etc) but they wont work on any dvd player. My dvd recorder puts the message - there may be no playback feature on this disc. I know its not the media because i have always used the same discs. Please if anyone can help i would appreciate it. I have tried these films on all 3 of my dvd players (one is a recorder) BUT they do work on my friends dvd player which is a philips. Can anyone shed any light on this issue. THANKS

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

the problem you are having with the movies that you have downloaded is that they are not out for release to the general public for sale or rental, so not many people can help you here, so what you should is get a hold of the tech help at the site where you got the movies and see if they will help, and if they won't, get your money back for the movies, that would be your best bet

3. thestef

thestef Guest

My best guess is that your in a NTSC region (North America) and the movies is coded in PAL (Europe or other country). I would suggest your re-convert your AVI/Divx/DVD rip file (what ever you want to call it) with the PAL to NTSC option activated. Do a search for DivXtoDVD, its a simple little software, but had the option your looking for and is very easy to use. If not look for another software called AVI2DVD, this one also has the PAL to NTSC option and will let you pick your decoder of preference, such as CCE.. or you can just use the build in decoder.

Good luck! I'm 99% sure this is your problem.

4. Jacquioo1

Jacquioo1 Member

Hi, thanks for advice. I already use divxtodvd and it is already set to pal. I have done loads of movies without any problems which is why this time it seems strange that none of the 4 movies work. They do work on my friends dvd player. I once I have the movie I use divx to dvd to convert then nero to burn to disc. I use the same programs everytime and the same discs. Could it be something to do with the file type before it is converted? I don't know alot about this sort of thing and Im really struggling to find an answer.
    Cheers

5. Jacquioo1

Jacquioo1 Member

I forgot to mention. I live in the Pal region not NTSC.

6. thestef

thestef Guest

It could still be vice versa, you might be trying to play a NTCS in a PAL region.

Good luck

7. Jacquioo1

Jacquioo1 Member

Hi
    The program DivXtodvd is already set to convert to Pal and I live in the Pal region so I don't think that is the problem.
    I think this is one question I will never find the answer to.
    Thanks for trying to help