1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback problems of burned DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tinkoo81, Nov 1, 2004.

1. tinkoo81

tinkoo81 Member

Hi,

I have been using nero to backup my dvd movies. It has worked perfectly in the past. Recently, when i burn a dvd-r (DVD-VIDEO files) something eerie happens. The burned dvd-r plays perfectly in my DvD burner, but my DVD-ROM and other DVD-players refuse to accept the disc.

I have updated my firmware and nero, used verbatim, compusa, and khypermedia DVD-R (media has never given me problems before), but the results a re same. That is, burned DVD-R plays perfectly fine in the DVD-Burner, however, other dvd-rom and players do not play.

I have a Iomagic DVD RW 4x dual foramt.

I would appreciate your help and time.

Sam~

2. CSimms

CSimms Guest

Which firmware version are you using? What are the media IDs of the discs you are using? Did you have this problem before or after updating your firmware? Which version of Nero are you using? And did you have this problem before or after updating your Nero?

3. tinkoo81

tinkoo81 Member

@CSimms

The problem started before i upgraded anything. I contacted the manufacturer and it advised me to update my firmware. I upgraded my firmware, but nothing happened. I even upgraded my Nero 5.5.0.45 to Nero 6.6, but no luck.

As per manufacturer's instructions, I revert back to my Nero 5.5.0.45 (it came with the drive) and updated my ASPI layer and IDE Controller Chipset. Now my dvd copies runs on dvd writer and other dvd roms/players.

The one thing i still can;t understand is my previously burned media is still solely playable on my dvd writer. Anywyas, I am glad that this glitch is over. I can return to my backing up process.

I appreciate your input.

Live Long and Prosper

Sam~