1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback problems with DVD copies

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by siuengr, Mar 10, 2005.

1. siuengr

siuengr Guest

I have been making backups of many of my dvd's. I have ripped them to my pc using DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, and Magic DVD Ripper. There is no problem ripping them, and they will playback fine from the hard drive. The problem is after I burn them, using Nero 6, they will only play about 90% of the way through and then freeze. DVD Shrink can't read the DVD back, nor can I copy any of the files off without my system locking up. I have tried TDK, Memorex, and Verbatim DVD+R Media, with a Sony 710A drive. Anyone seen a problem like this?

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Try setting the target dvd size in shrink to 4350 mb.

3. Rosco404

Rosco404 Guest

You could try some DVD-R (minus) media with ritek die, or try updating your firmware for the drive.

4. colw

colw Active member

Are you using labels on your burnt DVD's?

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

in addition to the other guys' comments, try lowering the burn speed, i personally never go above 4x, even on 8x Verbatim Datalifeplus media, i keep the limit at 4300mb. no multi-tasking during burn process

Rich

6. siuengr

siuengr Guest

I'll try setting the lower size and see if that helps. I haven't been putting labels on them, so that isn't a factor. Also, I have used DVD-R media and had the same problem. I am using 16x Verbatim, I also used 8x Memorex and TDK, and some 4X DVD-R.

7. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

I have a sony 710a as well. Personally I recommend Verbatum (MCC003 media code) product#94930 50PK. Using nero cd quality test burns look the best at 6X. I've also test Verbatum 16X(MCC004) at 4-16x. I can tell ya the MCC003 media looks much better in this drive. This drive seems to burn better quality on +R vs -R. For some reason my Xbox does not like the +R disks, Plays -R fine. I have apex model#2500 it plays them all does not matter even if you burn at 16X.

Good Luck

Spacedust

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i've read that verbatim's that aren't datalifeplus may not be as good quality. However if you're getting good results then that's good stuff

Rich