1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playback problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hippie_rn, Nov 3, 2003.

1. hippie_rn

hippie_rn Member

im in the process of backing up my first dvd. i am using roxio 6.0 for burning. can i just select all files that were encoded to my hd (vob, bup), add them, and burn. or is there another step? i am certain on the media, and did not appear to have any probs with decryption or encoding the source. appreciate any help.
    ty

2. hippie_rn

hippie_rn Member

looking around, is it that i need to use the video ts file in some way?

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

?playback problems.
    You need to put all the files in a "VIDEO_TS" folder (caps are important). I don't know roxio, somebody might. do a search to find the settings that you need for roxio.

I think that people have used roxio with success but I don't know what settings you will need.
    Make sure that you have good quality media--using no name brand or very cheap media.

4. hippie_rn

hippie_rn Member

does anybody know roxio easy 6 at all? i've just read you cannot successfully burn from the creator classic menu, this person goes on to say you need to burn from the dvd builder menu and tweak the files, changing formats and etc. anybody got a proven method with this?

5. hippie_rn

hippie_rn Member

does anybody know roxio easy 6 at all? i've just read you cannot successfully burn from the creator classic menu, this person goes on to say you need to burn from the dvd builder menu and tweak the files, changing formats and etc. anybody got a proven method with this?

6. hippie_rn

hippie_rn Member

Last edited: Nov 3, 2003
  7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

hmm , please edit at least 2 of them posts

Roxio is not the software to use to burn with because it seems to give indifferent results , most common software are Nero (obviously) & RecordNow

(guides can be shown Nero or RecordNow but dont know of Roxio one to be honest , altho http://www.dvdrhelp.com or doom9 might be able to help)