1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback Problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ucfmoe, Mar 27, 2007.

1. ucfmoe

ucfmoe Regular member

Recently the movies that I have backed up are giving me problems when I try to watch them. For example, if I'm watching on my XBOX 360, the movie will pause for about 10-15 seconds, I'll get a popup saying "attempting to read media". Sometimes the movie will start again, sometimes it won't, I have the same problems on standalone players, just without the popup that the 360 gives. I am using Verbatim DVD +r's and -r's and I have a Samusng burner, I usually burn around 6X. Is this a sign that my burner is going bad and it's time for a new one. This is kind of frustrating so I'm open to any suggestion. I tried burning a copy in safe mode last night so that would free up some resources and CPU usage, just in case my PC was getting bogged down while burning, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Thanks

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

hummm your using good blank media and your burn speed is ok. have you tryed using Taiyo Yudens?

couple other things

make sure you have the latest firmware update for that drive/burner and make sure you are burning on a clean machine (doing a disc cleanup and defragging often) without other programs running while burning.

you could also try a clean reinstall of your burning software

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2007
  3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

some players are very picky! but you definitely have a media problem. Your players don't like your media! I suggest you try using only the +R media and try to booktype your drive to DVD-ROMs. Verbatim disks are usually very stable and quality is good, top notch brand. For you to get an incompatible or reading problem might be your burner but if they were playing properly before and now it's not........ maybe your disks are dirty! make sure the disks are clean! if you don't know how to clean them you use sudsy water, windex, alcohol or something that doesn't leave a residue and use a lint free cloth and rub one way from the inner circle to the outer edge in a straight line! do not rub in circular motion or you'll leave the disk unreadable by ANY player because this is the path for the laser to read the disk.

I only use disks that are MIJs (made in Japan)... they have better compatibility for most players..... and booktype the +R media to DVD-ROMs to fool your players that it is reading a store bought DVD!