1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback probs with dvd-r

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by symbiosis, May 5, 2003.

1. symbiosis

symbiosis Member

Hi

Please help as I'm slowing going insane with this !!!

I have VCD rips from DVDX that I want to put onto a DVD-R disk. I have converted the VCD files and they are accepted and play fine in SpruceUp 1.0. I author my disk in SpruceUp and the simulation plays fine. Unfortunatly, SpuceUp dosn't seem to like my burner and so I have tried a) Producing an image file b) Producing export of files

I then use Nero (latest edition) to try and burn them using either burn image or DVD/video options from Nero's menu

I'm using a DVD-R RW disk to cut down on thrown away disks ! The disk burns fine and will play as a DVD on my burner BUT won't play on either my other DVD drive OR my stand alone player !!!

What am I doing wrong ? Any suggestions to save me going mad/chucking the whole thing out the window would be much appreciated !

Ta (still sane just)

Symbiosis

2. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

Might sound silly but does your stand alone player play DVD-RW? Some models play DVD-R but not RW's. Even if it supposed to try burning to a DVD-R.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

What files are you trying to burn to DVD-R?

DVD Video [UDF Mode] will only accept .VOB .BUP .IFO files (and you need all three types).