1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback Prohibited by Area Limitations how do i fix?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by infil, Nov 4, 2005.

1. infil

infil Member

umm i have a bunch of .img files on my pc (100GB worth) and they work on divx. but i want to burn them and play them on my dvd players how do i do this. if this is a repost or a question someone might have asked sorry and please refer me to that thread.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Try DVD Decrypter. But if you want to burn more than one imgs on a single dvd, you may try extract the image files with e.g. IsoBuster, then burn with e.g. Nero.

4. infil

infil Member

When i burn .img through DVD Decrypter i get this error "Playback Prohibited by Area Limitations" I burned 2 DVD's before and they worked fine. Anyone know what the problemon is. I have wasted 10 DVD's trying to burn movies that give me this error. So anyhelp would be appreciated.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
  5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

That's probably because the movies have region codes different from your player. If the burning goes well, you can try install anydvd or dvd43 to take care of the region code problem.

Good luck!

6. infil

infil Member

What do i do just leave it on and then burn my disc through NERO?
  7. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Just to be on the safe side: Try extract the contents of the imgs onto the harddisk with e.g. IsoBuster first and tell us what are inside (e.g. video_ts folders?).

8. infil

infil Member

Yes they are Video TS folders. I used CloneDVD and i assumed i was suppose to let AnyDVD run in the background and it still gave me that errror =[
  9. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Can you play the movie from the harddisk after extraction?

10. infil

infil Member

Yes, and after i burn it take it out and put it back in my DVD-Rom. The microsoft screen says how should we play this movie.
  11. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

So I guess the original 'area limitation' problem should be gone. Now in order to play the movie, you only need to run the media player (e.g. Nero Show Time, PowerDVD) and click on the video_ts folder or the video_ts.ifo file of the movie. Or you can right click on the video_ts.ifo file and select the media player to open it. Either way is o.k..

12. infil

infil Member

Oh no. i could always watch on my computer i just cant watch on my TV dvd player.
  13. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

So can you watch it on the pc after burning to dvd?
  14. infil

infil Member

Yes, and i can watch it out without burning it too. (directly off the Hard Drive)
  15. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

O.K., so you're saying the conversion and burning worked, except that the disc cannot be played with the standalone dvd player, and an error message: "Playback Prohibited by Area Limitations" was showing, right? In that case, try use e.g. Nero Info Tool to check the region code of the burnt disc, and see if that's compatible with your dvd player and/or tv.

16. infil

infil Member

it says region "All" BTW do you think me using DVD-RW has anything to do with it. I dont think so but if so tell me i can use a DVD-R. Only reason i wasn't using a DVD-R is because i wanted to make sure the disc would work before wasting a disc.

PS: i just remembered i have burned another movie on DVD-RW and it worked. so hmm
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  17. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Well, if it says 'region all', then you shouldn't have the region code problem. In that case, you may indeed try change the media to -r if your dvd player supports that.

18. infil

infil Member

Well its weird, I created a DVD-RW that played on it. But i created another DVD-RW (another movie) and it didnt work. I used it on another DVD player i have (thats connected with the tivo) didn't work. So i tried it on another DVD player we have that has a video tape player. But i doubt having all those makes any difference.

I dunno whats up but since i have 3 different dvd players. I guess i will just use it on the one that works. And i will try the DVD-R on the one that isnt working right now. (the one i am trying to get it fixed)
  19. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

It's not uncommon for burnt dvds to be able to play on one dvd player but not the other. It's a compatibility issue that you need to solve with a bit of patience. Changing the media or burning programs often help.

20. infil

infil Member

Ok i still dont understand how to use AnyDVD. Do i start it up let it run in the background? and then use CloneDVD and burn my disc? The dvd player it works on is an old one and it kinda sucks sometimes i see flickers and always messes up at the end of the movie for some odd reason. So if any could help me use Anydvd and i could try burning another disc that would be helpful and any other ideas on what i should do would be helpful as well
  21. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Anydvd runs in the background. So if you don't encounter the region code or copy protection problem, the program is doing its job. As for the copying and burning, if CloneDVD is not working well, you may try use e.g. Nero Recode to do it and compare the results:

Run Recode, click 'copy entire dvd to dvd', 'import dvd', then go highlight the video_ts folder of the movie, and follow from there.

Good luck!