1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playboy: The Mansion & Metal Gear Solid 3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by FreeGamer, Mar 29, 2005.

1. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Ok I just borrowed these froma friend and I was wondering will they just burn exact with DVD Decrypter?? Or will I have to rebuild them?? Thanks

2. Ecnal

Ecnal Member

Hey, how do you know if you have to rebuild a game or just burn it direct anyway? Can games downloaded from a torrent site just be burned directly, or do we have to follow all of those rebuilding steps to get it to work?

3. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

If the game doesn't load all the way when you put it in your PS2 I think means you got to rebuild it! But I don't feel like wasting a blank to test- I'd rather ask to see if you need to rebuild! And no I don't think you need to rebuild a downloaded one

4. dynezxice

dynezxice Member

i made an iso image of Metal Gear Solid 3 using Alcohol 120% and then burned it using Alcohol 120% also. No need to rebuild.

5. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

I made an iso image of Metal Gear Solid 3 using dvd decrypter and it worked fine NO REBUILDING.. O yea make sure when you burn MGS3 you are writing at the lowest speed or it wont work. Pm me if you need more info

6. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

I have to burn my games at 4x cuz thats the lowest it burns...But it plays and so do all my other games I burnt but Metal Gear is the only one that skips

7. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

What media did u use? Mine worked fine. Try differnet media allowing 2x burn. I used TDK and it worked fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2005
  8. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

I use Memorex for all of my burnt games so far with no problems except Metal Gear 3 so far! It skips...I'll try reburning it..

9. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

yep thats the problem The media you are using is not very good for Videos only good for Files (Programs)Dont rebuild u wll getsame problem. Buy new media

10. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

But why do the Memorex work for my other games without problems??

11. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Wanna know how to know whether or not you gotta rebuild it?

Pop it into your DVD drive.
    DVD Decrypter has a DVD profiler.
    It'll tell you the size.

Basically, if the DVD is OVER 4.7 billion bytes, then it's a DVD9. Otherwise, it's a DVD5, and you can most likely just straight copy original-to-dvd and hard drive image-to-DVDR.

If you wanna make sure, check SwapMagicFix.com some games require rebuilding even if they ARE DVD5. For instance, Sonic Heroes has a file called DUMMY.BIN which is close to 1GB in size. Even though you can just copy the game, you have to replace that DUMMY.BIN with another dummy file (the one from SwapMagicFix.com) and rebuild the game.

Finally, if you're absolutely unsure, and can find no documentation, then give it a quick exploring. Search around the DVD (with windows explorer, or whatever you use to browse your computer) and see if you can find anything like GARBAGE.1 or DUMMY.01 files. Those are usually garbage files meant to take up space.

If all else fails, and it's a DVD5, just burn it and try it. DVDs are really cheap nowadays, so it's fine if you lose a DVDR once in a while.

And if nothing else works, post here.

And BTW, MGS3 works perfectly using DVD Decrypter to make an ISO and burn.

One final note, if your games skip, you might want to try burning them at a slower speed. If the game's load times/movie skips get continually worse as you play, it's time to get better media.

I also had the same problem with MGS3 skipping. So, I reburned it to another DVD and now it skips far less (every once in a while, the audio will take a while to load, but hey, it doesn't really affect the game play, seeing as the movies and everything else play fine)

12. dynezxice

dynezxice Member

I dunno about u, but i backed up Sonic Heroes perfectly with Alcohol 120%. I didn't need to do anythin to the original files.

13. random616

random616 Member

let me get this straight u dont 2 do anything speacial like have the PS2 modified or oat just burn the dvd on the lowest write speed? and also does anyone know if burnout 3 if u make an ISO using DVD Decrypter do u hav 2 rebuild it or not and how or were does it tell u how 2 rebuild a game

14. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

you do NOT have to rebuild burnout 3

15. fireman30

fireman30 Member

Ok, can anyone tell me how to rebuild. I have only been able to successfully back up 4 games out of about 20. I am using verbatim media and have tried all the programs listed throughout this forum. I am in dier need of help as i am making alot of coasters and not many games.