1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

player is stuck on "loading" message

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by tfled23, Jan 3, 2005.

1. tfled23

tfled23 Member

I have a Magnovox MDV453. It was playing fine until I tried to view a friend's movie that he burned.

I didn't really mind that I couldn't watch the movie, and I figured it was b/c I didn't have a compatible DVD player.

My problem is this: I can't view ANY of my DVD's that I know were working as of yesterday.

Even when there is no disc in the player, it says there was an error reading the disc and to eject the disc and that playback may not be capable?

Help! I have turned everything off and unplugged and then tried it again but same thing still happens!

Can anyone give any advice other than chunking it in the trash and buying a new one?

2. matthew23

matthew23 Member

Hey, I am having a similar problem...my says "reading" and all of a sudden will not play dvds that I know worked before (even non-burned dvds).

I have posted this:

Hi Everyone...

I have a Sony 650W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System with 5-Disc Progressive-Scan DVD/CD/MP3 Player (model # DAV-BC150). I have had it for about a month and recently started backing up my DVDs with a dvd burner using dvd shrink/dvd de-encrypter. Until last night, everything worked fine. However, while watching a burned dvd, it all of a sudden skipped to another track and began to look all "pixelated". I removed the disc and put in a non-burned dvd and it did the same thing. I tried cleaning the lense and that worked for a little while. Some of the burned dvds don't play, the screen on the dvd player just reads "Reading" and does nothing. Its weird how all of a sudden if started doing this. Any suggestions?

Did you find a solution yet?