1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player will not read MY discs but will play others

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mickrick, Jan 25, 2003.

1. mickrick

mickrick Member

My Samsung 709 has stopped recognising and playing dvd-r's I've recorded on my Pioneer A104, no matter what type of media is used. It continues to play dvd-r's and +r's recorded on friends players. The discs continue to play perfectly on my Cyberhome player and both the 104 and my Asus E616 drive but my cousin says a disc I recorded for him last week refuses to play on his Sony player.

I use either Nero 5.5.10 UDF disc or Vob Instant CD/DVD to record with UDF 1.02 setting on both. I originally used Prassi Primo DVD, but it started screwing up my discs.

Am I suddenly doing something wrong or missing something, or could their be something wrong with my burner?

2. turkf26

turkf26 Guest

your burner laser might be going out, or you need to download a driver update for your burner.

3. Needakip

Needakip Regular member

Go back to an older version of nero , Version 5.5.10 did the same to me.

4. mickrick

mickrick Member

I moved back to Prassi and now the problem's gone. I dunno hat the problem was with Prassi before, but it's spitting out good stuff now.

5. turkf26

turkf26 Guest

Prassi is good but it starts screwing up. dry usign dvdxcopy. it works great and its easy to use.