1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playin games via USB using 3.52 m33

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by yaorehan, Sep 21, 2007.

1. yaorehan

yaorehan Member

i only have a 1gb mem card... some games dont fit on it obviously... can anyone help me out?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Have you updated to 3.52 M33-4?

If not then update to it so you can use iRShell 3.62 to stream via USB or WiFi.

Download 3.52 M33-4 HERE

Now extract the 3.52 M33-4 update.

Drag the PSP folder that is in the update M33-4 into the root of the MS overwriting the files when it asks you to. Now go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run the m33-4 update. This will only take a few seconds.

After the update is finished check and make sure it says 3.52 M33-4 for firmware. If it does say 3.52 m33-4 then format the MS (backup anything on the MS you want saved)

You are now updated to 3.52 M33-4.

You don't need to worry about the seplugin folder in the 3.52 M33-4 update if your not going to play PSX games. If you are then let me know and I will explain what that plugin is all about.

Give me a few and I will reply with a mini-guide on how to install and use iRshell.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure you have updated to 3.52 m33-4 before doing the below.

Download this USBSTREAM file (It will extract a iRshell 3.62 + host folder).

Unzip the USBSTREAM file archive to a directory on your PC.

Click on the iRshell 3.62 + host folder and then iRshell 3.62 (This folder containes both 3.6 and 3.62 update togther).

Copy IRSHELL, PSP & seplugins to the root directory of your memory stick (Choose YES TO ALL if it ask to overwrite).

Go to Game Menu Memory Stick and then launch "pspbtncnf patcher“ After you run it you can delete the patcher from Memory Stick.

Now turn off your PSP and then turn it on again while holding R Trigger to enter Recovery Menu.

Choose "Plugins" then enable "irsfw30x.prx (VSH)

Now Exit from Recovery Menu it should auto boot into iRshell.

(There is a User and FAQ guide included in the iRshell 3.62 folder)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow these steps to stream games via USB.

Drag the USBHost folder to what ever directory you want on your PC. Place the PSP ISO game or games that you want to play inside the USBHost folder.

Now double click on usbhostfs.exe file inside the USBHost folder (A DOS window will come up).

Now go to your PSP and hold L Trigger button down and move the analog stick.

Windows will now tell you that new hardware has been found, Choose to specify a place for the drivers, then Browse to the directory of where you have placed the USBHost/DRIVER folder. This will install the drivers needed to stream the games via USB.

After it has finished installing the drivers hold L Trigger button down and move the analog stick again. This will connect the PSP to PC via USB. Push the triangle button till you see the directory that has usbhost0:/ and navigate down to that folder and press X.

Now find the game you want to play and press X to launch the game (You will need a UMD in the Bay (Any will do) to stream the ISO off the PC).

If you get an error that says cant connect to USBhost make sure you have executed the usbhostfs.exe file.

Follow this GUIDE to use NEThost streaming via WiFi.

If you want to boot into the normal PSP XMB hold the Triangle button down while turning on the PSP.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  4. tidusffx9

tidusffx9 Member

Does this work with TA-082 because i jus insatlled the m33 3.52-4 update and it works fine but im very confused with the id storage thing and usb type b.....does the update to m33-4 do the so called "fix" for you and if not can you please help me how i do this??? thanks

Tidus_ffx9

5. rafterm20

rafterm20 Member

Gud Day sir.. can you please re-upload the USBstream stuff.. thank you..