1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playin ps2 games online, via the ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by nottyer, Jul 11, 2007.

1. nottyer

nottyer Member

i brought my ps3 back in march at launch. And last night i thought i'll play on one of my old ps2 games, SOCOM II. It works perfectly on single player but when i try and go online with it, it dosen't work. I set up my settings using the game. And i test the connection and everything is ok. but when i goto login it comes up with and error message saying-

DNAS Error (-402)
    A Playstation(R) 2 disc information error has occurred.

I have googled this problem and found some soloutions in which none of them has helped, such as making sure i dont use a cheat disc and i cant have a modchip, but of course i dont have any of these.
    Anyone got any ideas??

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

pal socom and a pal ps3? if u have any region differences then that could be ur proble give me a few more details

3. nottyer

nottyer Member

I have a PAL ps3 and the game is PAL,.

I dont understand, bacause when i test the connetion it says everything is fine and dandy, but wen i goto login it comes up with the DNAS error

4. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

lol i have played the exact same game online on my ps3 and it worked. thats weird.

5. matt2001

matt2001 Member

do you have the PS2 System settings... you can dl for free from the playstation store... I've heard some ps3' have problems without the ps2 system data.

supposedly everything is supposed to be good since newest firmware update what is it like 1.82 now