1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing a NTSC backup on a PAL PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jamesd3, Nov 4, 2004.

1. jamesd3

jamesd3 Member

Ive backuped a PS2 game on dvd-r that is a NTSC game and put it in a PAL PS2. It boots fine but its in black and white. Is there anyway that I can make it to be in colour

Thanks

2. DiZzYD

DiZzYD Member

No you are doomed!

Just kidden get DVD Loader

3. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 Regular member

he he - dont worry about dvd loader ! just find the 'system' button on your tv/remote and change it to ntsc ouput !! that easy !! most tvs have this nowdays. If your tv doesnt, then you may indeed need dvd loader :(

mtfbwya

4. petten

petten Member

there's an easier way without added fixes and stuff ( an a lot of coasters)
    there is another I posted else also, here it is again

simply use the cdloader
    start with the swapmagic-cd, load it up and change the normal setting to PAL or NTSC,
    then swap with the cdloader , switch with the dvdloader( if it is a dvd), and press X twice, then swap with the backup and the game is in colour!
    it play all my NTSC-backups(and original NTSC-games)in colour on a PAL-tv like this
    it just doesn't work for one game that I know of and that is star ocean( and still I don't know why)

5. mogvinda

mogvinda Member

I think you can just buy a proper RGB scart cable, rather than the three pin cable plugged into a scart adaptor. That is if your TV doesn't have an NTSC option. You can pick up one of these for 5 quid.