1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing AVI files on PS2.....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by maxim2, Dec 13, 2003.

1. maxim2

maxim2 Guest

I have a PS2 with NO modchip. I have a computer with a CD burner, but NO DVD burner. I also have DivX and I recently downloaded some movies from grokster... what I was wondering is whether or not there is any chance that I could somehow get those video's playing on my T.V., preferebly on my PS2 via DVD hacking formating or something like that. I really don't know what to do, all I want though are my movies on a CD that can run on my PS2. If you got any ideas, they're greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. nabila

nabila Member

I dont believe thats possible without a modchip. With installation of modchip and installation of ACtionReplay software i believe it is possible to play mp3's and some other things, and playing a vcd may be one of them. in that case you would have to convert ur avis to mpeg2 format vcds. I'm not even sure about that as i dont have action replay, and i'm positively sure its not possible without a modchip.

3. Dizturbed

Dizturbed Guest

if they are divx avis you could use ps2reality media player, you will need a boot method of some kind but you can put them on cdr and they should work. do a search of a guide or something but it is possible.

4. nabila

nabila Member

yes i maybe wrong

5. maxim2

maxim2 Guest

haha, sweet, thanks man, do you know where i could find ps2 reality meadia player, is it free on the web or do you have to buy it? And when I get it, this boot method you were talking about... where could i get that?