1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Back ups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by armless1, Sep 2, 2007.

1. armless1

armless1 Member

Hey, I want to play backups on my Xbox 360 but I am unable to flash my xbox 360 drive because I have a fairly old motherboard and it doesn't have SATA plug so I am unable to plug the xbox 360 drive in. I have been looking on goggle to see if there were any other ways to play backups but I just kept seeing people flashing their xbox 360 drive on their computer. Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks

2. guessswho

guessswho Regular member

read the tutorial, also get a copy of the book cking the xbox 360 for noobs. In it it explains how to do it. Even if you don't have the slot on your motherboard, you can get the pci slot which has a sata connector. It's all in a copy of that book

3. armless1

armless1 Member

I have read the beginning of the book and was wondering what is the difference between VIA VT 6421L PCI SATA Card and VIA VT 6421A PCI SATA Card.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The VT6421L card can flash the Samsung drive and "bad-flash" an MS28 without soldering. The VT6421A requires MTKFlash to hexedit the port I/O's. If you use Xtreme Boot Maker, XBM will do this for you automatically.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  5. armless1

armless1 Member

Sorry to sound newb, but I am new to this stuff. My xbox 360 drive is a hitachi and I will be using iExtreme to boot my backups