1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing backedup ps2 games without modchip?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by §†§, Dec 31, 2002.

1. §†§

§†§ Guest

Is there anyway i can download a software, some file or application so my backedup ps2 games will work in mt ps2 without a modchip?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

No. Its impossible unless you are using a swap method to boot!

3. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

I noticed you're a kazaa user from another thread, if anything says it's a PS/2 boot disk, it's a fake.

4. seadog64

seadog64 Member

I DONT HAVE A CHIP YET BUT I CAN BOOT CD ROM GAMES WITH THE SWAP METHOD. YOU NEED A GAMESHARK 2 OR ACTION REAPLAY 2 AND HAVE TO PATCH THE GAMES BEFORE YOU CAN PLAY THEM. YOU CANT JUST DO A 1:1 COPY

5. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

Give him and everyone else some more info like where they can get the patches and swap method. www.megagames.com I believe.

6. seadog64

seadog64 Member

well you need a gameshark 2 or action reaplay 2
    i use a pardox patcher called ps2patcher (pdx-ups2) i dont have a dvd burner yet as i mentioned so i dont know if it can patch dvd rom games. and you have to find an ea game patcher for ea games.

How To Boot:
    Firstly, you have to unclip the front door of the disc drive.
    Here are the directions for doing so (Power should be off):
    Step 1: Get 2 small flathead screwdrivers (like the one you get in those micro screwdriver kits)

Step 2: The front of the drawer tray is simply clipped on at each end... So, taking great care, (with the tray open) unclip it with the screwdriver, Take caution! Otherwise you might snap off one of the clips!
    Now that you have done that turn on power and we begin…
    1) With GS2/AR2 disc 1 and dongle in turn on the power.
    2) Select Start Game.
    3) Select Without Codes.
    4) Now you will be asked to insert the disc.
    So, as you might have worked out, you want to put in your backup.
    DO NOT press the eject button!
    Instead perform a swap method…

Once you have done this you can either use the cog method or use the Knife method.
    With the cd tray cover thing removed you should small little hole thats like a box. if you shine a flashlite in there you should see a small white gear. to open it use the small screwdriver and twist it clockwise and the tray should start to open.
    Or
    you can use a creditcard to slid the locking pin all the way to the right. its about 1/3 away from the right endslide it all the way to the right and the tray should pop out a bit and then you can pull it out and swap the games.
    push the tray back in and now you have to put the pin back in place. i dont have a plastic knife so i just spin the cog counter-clockwise un til it stops turning then press x and if you ripped it and patched it corect it should boot

7. Dela

Don't rely on swap methods for anything. Get a good modchip cause when all games are DVD the swap wont work no more!

8. seadog64

seadog64 Member

ya i know i am getting a mod chip as soon as i get the $$ but it works great for now. if ne needs more info on that method you can pm me

9. Dela