1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing backups from usb drive

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by zdalin, Aug 23, 2007.

1. zdalin

zdalin Member

Problem using usb hdd

I've just bought a pstwo slim (so it's the new model), and ordered and recieved a SwapMagic 3.8 Coder PAL version. I also managed to buy an IDE -> USB converter and got my PC Hdd to work with the pstwo.
    Using SM I got running USB Advance and I can run some games. My question is why can't I run all the games? for example, I tried to run Mortal Kombat Deception and it just displays a black screen. I'm using my pstwo with a tv tuner, so ntsc/pal problem is out of the question. There are other games that just hung up lie that (i.e. DBZ tenkaichi, tenkaichi 2, God of War, Midnight Club 3 and others)

2. zdalin

zdalin Member

c'mon people, please... i'm at whit's end. All i want to do is to run backups/imports from usb mass storage without installing the magickeys. I know this is possible, because i can run some games (i.e. MK:deadly alliance, DBZ:Budokai 3, Soul Calibur3, etc), but there are some others that don't boot (although in the SM compatibility list they show up i.e. MK:Deception)

3. zdalin

zdalin Member

nevermind... figured it out myself...

4. jlucero23

jlucero23 Member

can you tell me how you figured it out

5. zdalin

zdalin Member

i figured out it doesn't work... it seems usbAdvance can't run many of the ps2 games... therefore, i just installed the magiswitch and just use old fashion swap... it seems that until a better usbAdvance shows up, there's not much u can do... sorry if u were expecting anything else

6. jlucero23

jlucero23 Member

i had the same issue thanks