1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Backups w/Xeno GC

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by samus250, May 19, 2007.

1. samus250

samus250 Member

Hi.

So I'm new at this and need orientation. I bought a Xeno GC Modchip the other day and I have a couple of questions.

1. How do I backup the games? Can't I just use Raw Dump 2.0? I've seen many other ways for backing them up but I need the Broadband adapter and Fantasy Star Online, which I do not have, but I do have Raw Dump and the LG drive.

2. What kind of Media should I use for burning the games? Does any kind of Mini DVD work? Does Imgburn work fine for burning images?

3. Where can I find the right screwdriver for taking the GC apart?

Thanks a lot.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just wanted to recommend a few things...

First off I replied to your thread in the Wii forum.

I just wanted to let you know you can play Game Cube backup games on your Wii (Multi-Game disc also).

I actually have 50 Game Cube games that I have placed on 12 to 15 game disc. I actually have 1 disc with 8 games on it. You can use a full size DVD disc for this.

If your interested with this method then go to the link below. it gives a little more information on the program I use and shows a screenshot of it...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/503195

Now for your questions...

You can use Rawdump 2.0 and the LG drive for this task,

As any other DVD device this depends on if the Blank media Mini-Disc is compatible with your Game Cube drive. All you can do is buy some and try. Another option is buying a Game Cube case MOD which changes the mini-disc top with a top that can fit full size DVDs. ImgBurn is fine to burn the games.

Here is a trick to open up the Game Cube to install a Modchip or a case MOD.

Buy some classic clear Bic pens,,,
    [​IMG]
    Pull out the Ink cartridge then take a lighter and heat up the end of the Bic pen. When you heat it up enough shove it in the hole where the screw holes are located on the bottom of the Game Cube. Give a little pressure to the pen so it forms around the screwbit inside the hole.

Leave it in there for a few seconds and then take it out and dip it in cold water. If you do it correctly you will have a home made screwbit to unscrew the screws. This does work because this is the method I used.

After you get the screws out I would suggest going to a hardware store and buying some Phillips head replacement screws. Doing this will make it easier to take apart the Game Cube if you need to open it again.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  3. samus250

samus250 Member

Thanks a lot. The thing is that I need both of them modded...

4. HG27

HG27 Guest

larrylje
    you said that it is okay to use imgburn for burning gc games, what other burning apps would be acceptable?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Nero should work as well.

6. HG27

HG27 Guest

do you mean nero burning rom?
    also will dvd decrypter work?

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I'm pretty sure DVD Decrypter will not work.

If you have DVD Decrypter why not download ImgBurn and use that. ImgBurn is just an updated version of the DVD Decrypter burning program.

8. HG27

HG27 Guest

Ok then I think I will just use imgburn
    thanks