1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing backup's with Flip Top and Swap Magic.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by gcd04, Jan 23, 2005.

1. gcd04

gcd04 Member

OK,so far I've attempted to play a backup of Manhunt and Need For Speed Underground.I'm using DVD Decrypter.

Manhunt would get to the main screen and freeze.That's as far as I got with that one.That disc is now a coaster.I found out that I burned it at Max speed.That was probably the main problem with this one.

NFS:Underground-I was able to play the game once but that was it.I burned it at 2X speed which I was told is the speed you should burn PS2 games at.After the one time I was actually able to play it,I had trouble with loading time.It was taking forever so I turned the system off.

Then,I was having problems getting the Swap Magic disc to load.I was finally able to get it to load,but it's not consistent.

To anyone who has a Flip Top.Did you find it easier to get your backup's to work using yout original white lens,or the one that came with your flip top?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. SimenPlex

SimenPlex Member

I have downloaded NFSU2 , and i have Swap Magic 3.3..... it works fine for me...

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

USE BETTER MEDIA

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

TURN OFF ANY BACKGROUND APPLICATIONS

The following list is in preference order. The best discs are near the top of the list.

Almost flawless burns with 95-100% reliable results:
    PVC = Pioneer = (-R)(-RW)
    MXLRG01, MXLRG02 = Maxell = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    MCC = Mitsubishi Chemicals = (-R)<-----------------VERBATIM MY CHOICE #1
    TDKG02 = TDK Corp = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    TAIYOYUDEN or YUDEN = Taiyo Yuden = (-R)<--------------FUJIFILM (made in japan) MY CHOICE #2

Decent discs, though not perfect, about 85-95%
    success rate:

RICOHJPN = Ritek or Ricoh = (+R)
    SONYD04 = Sony = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    PRODISC = Prodisc Media = (+RW)
    INFODISC = Infodisc Media = (+RW)
    RITEKG04 = Ritek = (-R)

4. gcd04

gcd04 Member

The disc's I've been using are Memorex.I've had no problems at all playing my backup dvd's.

Loading time seems to be the main problem with my PS2 backup's.Most recently I backed up NFL Street 2 and was able to play it.It won't freeze,but the loading time is absolutely terrible and the audio is bad,mainly the songs will cut in and out.

I'm going to get better disc's,no doubt.But if I burned it at 1X instead of 2X would that effect it at all? Would it help to burn it even slower?

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Dvd players and ps2's are different.
    Ps2 requires a darker (AZO) dye.
    NEVER BURN HIGHER THAN 2X
    (IF YOUR HAVING SOUND OR GRAPHICS PROBLEMS I SUGGEST BURNING AT 1X)
    Get good media and stop wasting your time and money.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  6. ibanez407

ibanez407 Member

I have made backup copies of both of those games, using decrypter, and they worked fine. As far as the inconsistency of the Swap Magic 3.3 disk loading up properly, mine was doing the same thing the other day. Sometimes it loads right up, but other times I have to use the browser and wait for it to read the disk. I don't know what that's all about.