1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing backups with swapmagic makes loud noise

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by wargamer, Aug 22, 2004.

1. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Hi,

I just recently got Swapmagic 3.0 and slidetool, i eventually got it to work got the tray out and then i put my backup game in. Pressed X loaded up fine, but my PS2 vibrates and makes an unbeleivably loud noise when the disc is spinning shit!!.

Does anyone know about this, is it normal for that to happen with using Swapmagic?. Cause i played a normal non-backup and it is quiet. Hmm must be cause you force it to play a copy game when it's not meant to?.

Thanks.

2. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

hey there, i have the swap disc and play my backup games all the time and have no noise or any problem. it might be ur media. the laser could be having a hard time reading that type of media u are using. what media are u using any way.

3. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

wargamer....many many people have used swap magic w/ slide card successfully including me. What speed r u burning at? Again, whats ur media, and ur burner. Be more specific, then people could help u more.

4. skitz1298

skitz1298 Member

i sometime have noise with mine but its only when i run cd based stuff and only when there first loading.

5. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

I'm pretty sure I have the same noise you're talking about, and I alaso don't know whats wrong :S (flip-top)

6. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Maybe it could be my media, shouldn't be any real reason as to why there should be so much noise made by it when you want to play any of ur backups it puts u off completly from playing the damn thing!.

Media was TDK DVD+R 1-8x, hmm it's probabally not a good one for games now i realise, I just got a blank off someone just to see if was able to backup a game first time i've done it with PS2. Well then what DVD R media should i use then?, Sony is probabally way too expensive.

I have the latest version of PS2, the Sivler Satin one. And the backup is (MOH Frontline), it works fine with SM but makes alot of racket!!!.

Burned the game with DVD-decrypter (ISO read, ISO write),

DVD Burner - don't really know i used my sisters laptop which is a Acer something and i think the drive it's a DVD combo writer max speed is 24x.

A problem i had with the DVD-Decrypter was that i tried to burn at a slower speed like 1x or 2x for some reason stupid reason DVD-decrypter burned at what ever it felt like. Which was too high i think like 4-5 MBs. Would that have anything to do with it?, cause the copy of my game works just fine!.

Thanx.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2004
  7. milcs

milcs Member

Hi to all

Wargamer... i don't know the answer to your question, but I do have a question for you!:) I also have a PS2 Satin Silver and the magic swap pack with the slide tool... But I wasn't able to remove the darn cover of the CD tray (no screws or clips to be seen as they claim in the instructions)... Can you tell me how you removed the cover? Did you broke any of the pins?

Hope you can answer me.
    All the best

8. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Oh thats quite easy. It took me a while at first to figure out what the bloody hell the sh%#@y instructions were talking about, don't listen to it from what it says about removing the cover it's a little obselete for the new PS2 ver.
    You don't need to worry about screws cause there isn't any!!.

Take the cover off by just gently pulling on the cover edges one side at a time!. But be very carefull cause i broke one of my clips off. Those clips are thinish black plastic pieces behind the cover. That's what keeps the tray's front cover held in place, but I was just very lucky I didn't break both of mine off!!!.

Hope that helps ya mate!.