1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing backups

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by ryno, Apr 12, 2003.

1. ryno

ryno Member

I have MOHAA disk1 and disk2 iso files written on cd-r. The installation went fine. Then when i want to play, I insert disk1, click play and it tells me to insert cd-rom. I'm new to this and i have learned a lot from reading all the posts in the forum. but i need it spelled out a little better....please!
    thanks ryno

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

CD Check is part of the protection.
    MOHAA is Safedisc 2.x protected. If you did a correct backup, you have ot insert the CD it asks for. If not, you cannot play it because the game will detect that the CD is a copy.

Look at 'Backup protected CD' thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699

(you can also patch the game - you need a 'no CD patch' - to remove the CDcheck but this is not a place you will find that stuff. Posting links to patches is forbidden here.)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2003
  3. ryno

ryno Member

I tried to patch it, but no good....the cd was still unrecognized as an original. I'll check out the thread you suggested for more ideas. could the patch have been bad?
    thanks ryno

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If the patch were a correct No-CD patch, the game should not even ask for the CD, but it would get the files from the HD. Therefore, the patch you used is not good.

If the game goes on asking for the CD (e.g. the 2nd disk) and you want to insert a copy to avoid scratching the original CD, you have to backup that CD accoringly to the 'backup Safedisc 2.x' procedure.