1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing backups.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by SPDDMN, Oct 24, 2004.

1. SPDDMN

SPDDMN Member

Hey, I didn't know where to put this so I thought here was best. Does anyone know of an alternative to installing a modchip for playing backups on Xbox? I have a friend who got a CD for his PS2 and he put it in, then removed it, and then put in the backup. It worked fine, so I was wondering if there's anything like that for Xbox? The reason I'm asking is that I scratched one of my games pretty bad and it doesn't work, I made a backup but I don't want to void the warranty on the Xbox. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

2. Cerious

Cerious Member

There is no other way. You have to have a mod chip to play back ups. As far as I know there is no swap method

3. SPDDMN

SPDDMN Member

Oh... Thanks for that. I guess I'll just wait a while and see if they bring something similar out, otherwise I'll have to just get the chip.

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

There isn't going to be any swapdisk for the current Xbox because of it's short lifespan. All the attention will be towards the new Xbox2 in the next year or so.