1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Burned DVD Movies on PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Sharijl, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Sharijl

Sharijl Member

Can anyone help? I am converting home movies from *.avi format to DVD and trying to play on my PS2 but keep getting: disc read error. I am using Memorex DVD+R and I have tried different software including DVD Santa, Nero Vision, and the latest try was with My DVD Studio Deluxe Suite by Sonic. I have looked at the formatting using Alcohol 120% and everything seems to be in order.

The DVDs do play on the computer so I know the disc is not bad. I am able to play a DVD burn that was given to me on DVD-R Office Depot media and works perfectly. I do not feel I am doing anything wrong on the software end but need a suggestion. I have got this msg before on one of my sons real (not burned) PS2 game but all the other games play perfect. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Does your PS2 version support +R type media? Version 1-4's cannot read + type media as well as some version 5's. They can only read - type media. Other than that it should work as the PS2 does NOT need a modchip to play an Authored Home DVD or DVD backup. Plus you said the - type media DVD backup from Office Depot worked so that might be the problem?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004