1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing burned DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CO1974, Jan 16, 2005.

1. CO1974

CO1974 Member

I cannot play burned dvds in my home player. I have used DVD X Copy in a computer that is 1 yr old and it seems to work fine in any home player. I have a new Dell computer and it plays in the computer but not on any homer player.

2. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

Check if the stand along is compatible with the media

3. CO1974

CO1974 Member

Do you mean with DVD Shrink 3.2?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

did you change media type? go to a low quility disc. Or go from DVD-R to DVD+R after getting the Dell. Not all players will play DVD-R or DVD+R some will play one or the other or both or none at all. And use good media, better chance of your home player to read it.

5. CO1974

CO1974 Member

Ooopss..I have a DVD r+ burner and I am using Memorex 8x DVD+R 4.7GB blank discs...should I go to a different brand...lower quality...I...Should U just try the software of this site to burn movies then?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What i was asking befoe is you said on your old computer you burned a back up that worked with your home player. What media was you using and was it -R or +R? If you changed anything that could be your problem why your home player wont play the backup now.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What type of media did your older computer use -R or +R

And what type of media is your dell using now. -R or +R

8. CO1974

CO1974 Member

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

All I can say is try using DVD Decrypter and DVDShrink instead of DVDXcopy and see if that helps. I have 3 DVD home players and when i use DVDShrink I can play on all 3 of them but when I used to use DVDXcopy it would only play on 2 of them wouldnt work on the third 1. I stoped using DVDXcopy cause it had locked up during a burn and after that happened my drive wouldnt burn or read DVDs anymore. But would still read and burn CD=R's weird problem but anyway i got a new burrner and switched to DVDShrink and I use Recode2 as well at times. SO try another program.