1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Burned Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by amrit01, Jun 23, 2004.

1. amrit01

amrit01 Member

Hey, I have a version 2 ps2 because the first two numbers are U0, the problem I have is I burned the game 007 Nightfire and did a straight copy from nero 6. When I went to play it I put the gameshark cd in and did the swap when I hit load the game the screen just froze someone please help me I've been trying to burn my games for a few months now and nothing has worked

2. amrit01

amrit01 Member

also when i try to load the game it makes a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sound and yes I have a modchip installed

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

did you try cd loader?

4. amrit01

amrit01 Member

no, dont u need swap magic cds to use cdloader or dvdloader and where do you get it from

5. amrit01

amrit01 Member

i tried cdloader but it says please insert a playstation or playstation2 format disc plz help me ive tried burning games for a few months nothing has worked plz help

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you use the gameshark to load games right? Load gameshark, then swap for cd loader.

7. amrit01

amrit01 Member

ok i did what u said to boot the cdloader it did it but when i put the back up dvd-r in it said in the corner invalid media i am using fujifilm dvd-r plz help

8. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

try making a backup using alcohol 120, if you don't have a copy you can get a trial version.

then when you load cdloader eject, and you will get a message "refresh TOC" put in an original high toc disk (vice city is usually high a enough toc), then when the on screen message changes to "insert dvdr by ea method" swap for your backup, press x and all being well it should load.

9. amrit01

amrit01 Member

i did what u said i dont have gta vice city but i put in gta3 and it said error validating disc plz help

10. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

try cleaning your disks and the laser lense on the ps2, then try again using an original game as the toc for a backup of the same game (ie: 007 original with 007 backup)just to test, as they will have the same toc and should work.