1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing burnt ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bball3350, Oct 26, 2004.

1. bball3350

bball3350 Member

MAIN QUESTION:
    After I install/buy my mod-chip (preferably a non soldering one) for my ps2 i should then be able to just slide in my backed up game without having to swapout or change discs?

AFTER I DID THIS: (optional read)
    I use DVD Decrypter. Click MODE, ISO, READ. Give it a Destination filename. Then when its ripped, go to MODE, ISO, WRITE, browse to newly created image and burn it.

2. BerinG

BerinG Member

not with a non-solder chip.. you will need to swap

or get a no-swap chip

3. bball3350

bball3350 Member

Also, what is the best solder free chip/or reccomended one out there? Along with the site URL.

Extra Credit:) - Why doesnt everyone just get a solder free chip; what are the advantages?

4. bball3350

bball3350 Member

OK ive been looking and seeing many of these swap magic and slide and disc swapper kits out there. Which one is recommended by most?

5. BerinG

BerinG Member

sorry maybe i wrote it wrong.

You WILL need to swap with a no-solder chip. What i meant you can't just put your game in and boot without swap with a non-solder chip. They require a swap.

That's the reason for those soldered chips and why people use them.. (among other things)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  6. BerinG

BerinG Member

most people that dont mind swapping use SwapMagic kit and either use a slide card to open the tray (I just use a thin metal stick) or a fliptop which enables you to open the top of the ps2 to swap without the ps2 knowing about it