1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing CD-R games on PS2 v9+

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jaster02, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

For playing CD-R games on PS2 version 9 and version 10 here is the method that seems most successful:

Load SwapMagic DVD, Fliptop or Slidecard DVDLoader (Dvd converted CDLoader for us V9 and V10 users), eject DVDLoader and insert Breaker Pro v1.1, Fliptop or Slidecard CD-R backup and ENJOY! I haven't yet tried to play CD-R games with Codebreaker cheats so i am not sure if i will need to boot the DVDLoader option Beta5V3. Until then have fun playing CD-Rs on the Version 9 and Version 10 PS2's.

2. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

either email me, or AIM me at JasterMereel02 if you need the DVD ISO of the DVDLoader. It is a wonderful program. especially since all you need now is just the SwapMagic DVD and Breaker Pro v1.1. No need for the SwapMagic CD 3.0 or 2.0.

3. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

There is no special way to use cheats from code breaker on CD-R games, they simply work without any extra swaps. So have fun.

4. barabora

barabora Member

wow, amazing that u found a way to run cd-rs on v9..

but can u use a swap magic 3 cd instead of breaker pro

when u have to after u eject dvdloader? and where

can i download this dvdloader?? is it same as the

cdloader burned on dvd?

5. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

6. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

And i would suggest using RecordNowMax or Nero 6.3 for burning this DVDLoader. RecordNow Max has the best overall results. Yes it is exactly the same as the CDLoader, just encrypted to run under DVD mode instead of CD mode. But once loaded it can play DVD and CD games. I also found a trick for you early version PS2 owners who maybe don't have a DVDLoader and/or Swap magic DVD. You can use the CDLoader v7, swap it for an original PS2 DVD, hit x to load the original and then it will ask you to swap using EA Method (Slidecard/Fliptop) and bam you can play DVD-R's.

If you are going to Burn DVD-R's using RecordNow Max here is a program specifically for burning PS2 DVD games http://www.ps2cover.com/PxEngineUpdate500.zip
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]2.4 GHz P4
    1 Gb DDR
    4x LiteOn DVD+-RW
    GeForce FX 5800
    Thermaltake Xaser III Steel Case (12 Case Fans!!)
    18" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
    Playstation 2 Version 9
    Breaker Pro V.1.1[/small]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2004
  7. barabora

barabora Member

thank you so much for the tips..

just one more question,

can this dvdloader work with ps 1 backups and imports?

i tried a original final fantasy tactics for swapping

after inserting and ejecting the dvdloader, it did

read the original copy, but it got frozen after use ea

trick to switch the disc with a back disc.

8. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

ahhh, i see what you are saying. I have not tried this totally, but what i have figured, and i am not poistive if this works maybe you can try it if you do it before i do. Swap Magic DVD, swap to DVDLoader, press triangle and insert a PSX CD and then at the bottom left it should say PSX CD and instead of pressing triangle or pressing X do the swap trick (slide card/fliptop) and insert a PSX backup and possibly import. I heard the only way to play PS2 import is to copy them first, so i am not sure if this also applies to PSX. If you don't have one i suggest either Gameshark Lite or Action Replay Lite for PSX/PSone. After you enter your codes, or not; instead of ejecting the cd tray when you are told to, do the swap trick (slide card/fliptop) and it loads the Backups/Imports right up. But i will find out for sure if you can load a PSX CD using the DVDLoader, i do think it is possible.

9. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

Ok bad news, No the DVDLoader and Swap Magic DVD nor the CDLoader and Swap Magic CD will load PSX games because they do not boot the playstation under PSX mode. The boot sectors on the CD/DVD Loading Discs specifically tell the PS2 to load PS2 mode. In order to boot a PSX backup you must either use like i said previously, a PSX Gameshark Lite/PSX Action Replay Lite; PSX-Change; or Breaker Pro v 1.1. Theoretically it could have worked because the DVD/CDLoader reads the PSX cd as PSX CD but i think it does that for games that need higher TOC's. I hope that answers your questions about that. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

10. barabora

barabora Member

thank you so much for ur tips.

i found a way to run ps2 cd games on my v9 ps2.

ur posts were such a big help.

just one last quetion, is there any way to run import

DVD movies(original DVD copies..not burned ones)

on ps2 using things like swap magic discs and

dvdloader??

11. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

Using Swap Magic Discs no, using the new Action Replay 2 or Action Replay Max Yes.
    They have a program built inside called DVDRegion X. Its a real nice program.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]2.4 GHz P4
    1 Gb DDR
    4x LiteOn DVD+-RW
    GeForce FX 5800
    Thermaltake Xaser III Steel Case (12 Case Fans!!)
    18" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
    Playstation 2 Version 9
    Breaker Pro V.1.1[/small]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2004
  12. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

can u play backup on cdr or dvdr by just using swap disc 3.0- the updated one where both the cd and dvd work on v9- on the v9 and not having to use breaker pro?

and does breaker pro work on 700mb cds or just 650mb?

13. Strings

Strings Guest

Hello
    Im strings and my PS doesnt play burned or copied games and this really anoys me because my cousins PS plays burned and copied games, and all mine says when I put the exact same disk is Please insert PLAYSTATION format disk. And yes it's a PS one but same difference, I may be out of date so what. Why waist money on a PS2 when you can still have fun with a PS one. I mean really. SO someone hel me out. Im dying here. I waisted a ton of money on those copied games and I bought alot. But my PS one still plays original games.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.rfg.150m.com[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2004
  14. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

Ok Strings, what you need to do is buy a Breaker Pro v1.1 because it comes with a PVC card that slides over the reset switch inside the flip lid. And then you will be able to play burns.

Ok Viper, Swap Magic CD will not boot DVD's as swap Magic DVD will not boot CDs, you need either DVDLoader for swap magic DVD, or the CDLoader for Swap Magic CD. The CD/DVDLoader will boot either CD or DVD PS2 games. But as i said earlier, you need to use either a Original PS2 CD to boot CD backups or Original PS2 DVD to boot DVD backups.

And for your second question, the breaker pro plays all types of CD-Rs 650mb and 700mb.

15. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

so i just need the SMD3 both CD and DVD and the DVD or Cd Loader to play both DVDR and CDr backups?

16. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

if you have a v9 PS2 all you need is Swap Magic DVD and DVDLoader. But if you have V7 and lower then all you need is Swap Magic CD/Swap Magic DVD and CDLoader.

17. Exkluesiv

Exkluesiv Guest

Hey, i was just wondering if AR Max could be used in the same way as Swap Magic 2, whether its the same idea. Your help is greatly appreciated. Just want to know if i can use AR Max instead of CDLoader or Swap Magic. Thanks.

-Jerelz

18. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

19. Exkluesiv

Exkluesiv Guest

Y not? Ure saying AR Max doesnt do the same thing as AR2??? Whats different?

20. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

because the code is different. But if you feel you would like to try anyways then so be it.