1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing copied games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mau77on, Aug 21, 2004.

1. mau77on

mau77on Member

I can be able to burn games properly using dvd decrypter to reaed and burn (burned at 2x). However, when i play the game, the movies or cutscenes lags or continously freezes. If i can somehow be able to skip the cutscenes before it freezes, i am able to play the game fine until another cutscene or movie comes up then the whole lagging happens again. I just want to know if there is something wrong. The games where this problem happens are fightnight 2004, hitman contracts, and somewhat driv3r. any suggestions??

2. th0ne

th0ne Member

hmmmmmm

i have herd ppl saying that they get lag and bad loading speed if the drive they saved the ISO file on the computer was baddly fragmented, so defrag you drive (my computer--->C drive (or whatever drive)--->right clic on it---->propertys--->tools--->defragment =D) then try again, also try changing your media format (DVD-R instead of +R for exampple, or change DVD/CD manufaturers)

tell me if any of theres works because i know other ppl experiancing similar problems

thank you

th0ne

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

sounds like a media problem to me, what brand are you using?

4. mau77on

mau77on Member

I think i'm using princo. But not sure. Even so, i used memorex before and ridata and still i had the same problem.

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

well, princo is about the worst media you can use, it wouldnt even boot in my ps2.

6. mau77on

mau77on Member

hahaha, princo is the best media i've been using so far. I'm not even sure if the media im using is princo anyways, the discs have no name and neither do the cases they come in :S. But anyways, i defragged my computer and i still receive the whole cut scene lagging thing.

7. Sir_BMW

Sir_BMW Guest

Chances are it's either the media or your burn speed for sure. Try burnig at 1X. If that doesn't solve the problem, it's definitely the media. Go with Ritek, Verbatim, and Fuji (All DVD-R Of Course). I use Fuji from BestBuy and it works 110% all the time.

8. ViSi0n

ViSi0n Guest

mau, I feel your pain. I get this also. I have used Ritek media and 1x burn speed (although it burns at about 1.4x) and I still get the same thing. I haven't tried the defrag thing yet, but I doubt it would help. I'm about to sell my PS2 and buy an Xbox, getting pretty tired of it.

9. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

Go w/ Maxell..I've had no problems at all with them

10. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

What version is the PS2 anyway?

Sorry, didn't see it in the signature, try to get some Verbatim DVD-R and burn at 1x. Walmart sells the Verbatims for movies that will work fine.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 - v8
    Mod - Magic V
    Burner - CenDyne (Pioneer) DVR-A05
    Media - Anything Cheap

Gamecube w/Broadband Adapter
    Phantasy Star Online
    Animal Crossing Loader v1.4
    Phantasy Star Uploader v1.1
    Gamecube ISO Ripping Server v1.0.0.29[/small]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  11. mau77on

mau77on Member

Alright, thanks for the help guys. I'll see if i can get a hold of a few discs you guys suggested and i'll keep you updated on if it has worked or not.