1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing DivX/AVI movies on my PS2 WITH SUBTITLES?!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kingfire, Aug 31, 2007.

1. kingfire

kingfire Member

hello, I've been using PS2reality MediaPlayerPRO to play AVI/DivX on my PS2 for awhile , but sadly I can's use srt subtitles, because my langugage is not supported well (Arabic)

so I've tried converting my subtitles to idx/sub using Txt2VobSub, but again, it won't work, it seems idx/sub is not supported with MPP.

so any sloutions? I tried searching for a trick or guide about converting fonts to be used with MPP, but I didn't find anything, the official Ps2reality site is dead, and I couldn't find anything.

I hope someone here can help me.

cheers

2. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

I'm not really familiar with playing divx on ps2, so sorry about that.

Have you ever considered getting a stand alone divx player such as the ones made by Phillips? They are badass, and can play anything you throw at it.

Here at walmart, its as low as 40 bucks. It's quite an inexpensive solution, and much better than a ps2 by all means.

3. kingfire

kingfire Member

well, I've thought about that, but my PS2 is just there doing nothing, why not I won't use it for such a thing.

anyways if it's not possible, I'm gonna get a stand alone player
    thanks for your help

4. sunburstX

sunburstX Member

It is possible, though, not without editing your movie. You need to merge the subtitles with the .avi, search Google for "merging subtitles with DivX" or something similar, and you'll find some results. Only downside is that this process costs a lot of time, but it is well worth it.

5. MechaHerc

MechaHerc Member