1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing divx from cd

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by jr8, Dec 29, 2002.

1. jr8

jr8 Member

I recently burned a divx .avi file onto a cdr and am trying to watch it with my divx player but the file won't open, it freezes. But the movie file can be opened fine from my hard drive. Can anyone help me out?

2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

You said the movie runs fine from your HD, Are you running the original from your HD or copying the avi from CD to HD and running it fine? Could be just a bad burn.

3. jr8

jr8 Member

I burned the original from my HD to CD-R and am trying to run the movie from the CD-R. Now when I run it a new error comes up: the computer says "Error Reading CD-ROM please insert correct disk or clean the disk." I burned the movie a second time on another disk to see if it was just a bad burn the first time but I still get the same error.

4. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

I'm a newbie to this myself but the only other thing I can offer is my experience making music CD's. I have seen a problem making music CD's on my 52/40x CDRW drive when using 16x CDRW's. The songs will hang almost constantly on a CD player and then the CD ejects, burn the same songs on a 32x or better CD and they work fine.

5. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

I'm a newbie to this myself but the only other thing I can offer is my experience making music CD's. I have seen a problem making music CD's on my 52/40x CDRW drive when using 16x CDRW's. The songs will hang almost constantly on a CD player and then the CD ejects, burn the same songs on a 32x or better CD and they work fine.

6. jr8

jr8 Member

hmm well my burner is 52x as well but I burned the movie on a 48x memorex cd-r...

7. jr8

jr8 Member

nevermind I fixed the problem. All I had to do was burn the movie again at a lower speed, I did it at 8x. The first two times I burned it at 48x and for some reason the movie couldn't be accessed.