1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing dvd-audio over s/pdif using creative audigy 2 platinum

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by juniorken, Jan 26, 2005.

1. juniorken

juniorken Member

hi there,

Is there anyone who knows wether it's possible to play dvd-audio over s/pdif using the Creative Audigy 2 ZS? I'm using s/pdif (optical) because I'd like to connect my pc to my panasonic sa-he200-surroundreceiver by digital rather than an analog connection. But the creativesoftware just switches all digital connections off due to copyright protection.

Any way out other than ripping the disc?

2. FreeMrkt

FreeMrkt Member

It is possible. However, only if your receiver supports 96Khz optical signal. Also, it will only be able to play the stereo dvd-audio track over the optical. You are better off connecting it with the analogues even if it is a hassle. I think most people would agree. 2nd option is to listen to the dolby digital track to get surround instead of dvd-audio surround. You won't get high-def audio but you will get surround.

3. juniorken

juniorken Member

hi, thanks for your comment. Connected the card using three Y-cables stereojack->2 cinches to the cinch-6ch input of my amplifier and it works.
    Also found out that the amplifier switches over to 96khz stereo. So I left the optical wire being connected: switching over from one source to another, depending to the source i'm listening to.

Thanks for the advice :)

greetz,

jr.