1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing dvd backups on PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mrmward, Sep 2, 2002.

1. mrmward

mrmward Member

I have backed up some dvds onto dvd-r using a pioneer DVR-104. when I play them on my pc they are fine but my PS2 will not read them. what have i done wrong?? I thought it may have something to do with nero burning the disk as a multi-session?!?! Any help greatly apreciated!

2. XsavageX

XsavageX Member

well i would at least try to burn it with out a multi seesion. I know that when ever i burn a multisession audio cd, i can only get an average old cd player to play sogs on the first session only. maybe that follows a similar concept.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Use DVD Decrypter to build an image and burn it!!

Multisession disks created with Nero are standard ISO's (usually) but ps2's dont like iso's cause when people copy dvd-rom games, they need to make an iso that is less than 700mb (Sony realised this a long time before the release of the ps2!)

4. elrao

elrao Member

I had the same problem, films that I backed up on cheap, un branded DVD-Rs, work fin in my computer, my dvd player...but not my PS2. I used a branded DVD-R and it worked first time. It is worth the few extra pence for a branded DVD-R such as FWS.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ye the dvd-r type does really matter (also cd-r rw) for compatibilty in dvd/cd players and ps2's. Especially ps2's, they have a very limited amount of dvd-r brands that work perfect in em!