1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing DVD-R on Pioneer 107D

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Undascore, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Undascore

Undascore Member

Noob:

I will make it simple, and apologies if this topic has been covered and what have ya, but me really need answers and eyes getting sore on constant searching for answers - hope someone can help:

Backed up dvd movies using MarVo DVD-R. Playback is not a problem on some of them HOWEVER playback deemed impossible on most, however playing the original DVD (proper one) was not a problem - so why cannot i play the DVD-R of the same DVD?? Is it really the DVD-R brand to consider, cos i was hoping that wasn't the case - but if so, then i guess i betta trial and error - any suggestions from anyone...

also using CLoneDVD to burn off, also have flashed firmware from 1.10 to 1.13 just to see if this helps - zippo on this case. Also using AnyDVD to remove the CSS encoding on the original DVD's and what not so i could bloody view the VOB files not to mention watch the DVD itself...

HELP...

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Bingo! The quality among different brands can vary greatly.

We'll save you the trial and error :) My first recommendation would be to pick up some Ritek G04 media, it is top quality and very reasonably priced. It's all I use. Post back what country you live in and we can give some links for the best deals. My second and third recommendations are Verbatim Metal AZO or Taiyo Yuden, both are also top quality but tend to be a bit more expensive than the Riteks.

From what you posted it sounds like you're doing everything right using quality hardware/software and methods. Shoddy playback is a classic symptom of low quality media.