1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing dvdrs on ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by c00ns, Dec 27, 2004.

1. c00ns

c00ns Member

how can i play my backup movies on ps2? i dled the CDVD images from http://ps2r.dg2.org/150/downloads.html and got the program to work, but when i put in one of my backup movies, it didn't work and just reloaded the program... i also want to play avi's? what do i do?

2. c00ns

c00ns Member

bump!

3. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

For playing backed up DVD movies you don't need a mod chip or any program just put it in your PS2 and it should work and as for playing AVIs PS2Reality Media Player should work i have it and works great.

4. c00ns

c00ns Member

when i try to play dvdr movies there's a disc read error. maybe it's the way i burn my movies? i use clonedvd... or maybe it's the media... i use GQs... i know those aren't suppose to be high quality discs, but i burn my ps2 backups on them just fine and they work... and how exactly do i use ps2reality media player?

5. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

check out www.ps2reality.net for information on the media player and for the DVDr movies i don't know are you using -R or +R media also do you have a version 9 or higher PS2? Also i would try DVD Decriptor and do a strait copy of the movie.

6. c00ns

c00ns Member

i have the oldest version ps2 you can get, and i'm using -R... am i suppose to burn the avis a certain way? i just burn em on nero regularly. how do i play it on the mediaplayer

7. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

What kind of modchip are you using? If its a DMS3 like i have you have to hold down square to play DVD movies also do original DVD movies work?

For the ps2 realitymedia player search google for instrustions on that, translate ps2reality.net with google i know there is a guide there but in spanish.

8. c00ns

c00ns Member

i dont have a modchip, i just use swap magic slide tool... and yes, original dvd movies work... i use decrypter and then clonedvd. can i just burn movies with dvddecrypter and not go through clonedvd?

9. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

yes no need for CloneDVD unless you want to cut out menus bonus stuff ect. Then just put it in your PS2 and it should work. Also did you test your other copy on a normal DVD player or on your computer?

10. c00ns

c00ns Member

so how do i burn my dvds with only decrypter? i thought that i had to use clonedvd because decrypter couldn't burn things over a 4 gigs i think it was? and yes, i have tried the dvds with other players and they work fine.

11. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

Must be your PS2s laser then.

As for DVD Decrypter i don't know about movies but, i burn PS2 games over 4 gigs and they work just fine. Just go to mode ISO read and save the image to your HDD and then ISO write and select the MDS file and you should have a perfect copy of your original.

If the DVD has copy protection of some sort you might need another program like AnyDVD. I use it to rip copy protected DVDs to XVID and works great.

12. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Dvd Decrypter works fine for burning movies to dvdr's.

13. c00ns

c00ns Member

yes, but how do i do it? do i iso>read and then iso>write? because on the guides at this site, it says i can only do that for movies below 4gb... what i usually do is mode>file and rip it to my hd, and then burn it using clonedvd.

14. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Could use Dvd Shrink to shrink the iso down to fit on a dvdr.

15. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Go to the "Guide" tab here on aD for the instructions on how to copy a 1:1 DVD with DVD Decrypter (less then 4.7 gigs) or DVD Shrink. A DVD on a -R will work on a PS2 with no mod. It just have to be done correctly i.e. 1:1 copy or a proper ripp (downsize).