1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLAYING DVD'S

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by GUMDROP, Mar 7, 2005.

1. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

FOR SOME REASON WHEN I INSERT A DVD TO BE PLAYED NOTHING HAPPENS....MY CD'S PLAY AND RECORD BUT WHEN I PLACE A DVD IN THE DRIVE MY COMPUTER SAYS THAT NO DRIVE REGISTERS......CAN YOU HELP? I AM LOST AS TO HOW TO EITHER RE-INSTALL THE DRIVE OR TO SEE IF IT STILL EXISTS....I AM RUNNING WINDOWS XP HOME SERVICE PACK 2.....ANY HELP WOULD REALLY BE GREATLY APPRECIATED........GUMDROP

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Forum rules: no All Caps.

Are you talking about when you put a dvd in your computer nothing happens?
    -Do you have a dvd-rom/dvd burner drive for your computer?

3. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

NO DVD BURNER IN MY SONY COMPUTER JUST G AND H DRIVES FOR CDRW AND CD AND DVD PLAYER THANKS FOR QUICK RESPONSE I AM NOT AT MY COMPUTER BUT ANY HELP WILL DO....I DID "DELETE AND REINSTALL" IN SAFE MODE AND ALSO TRIED TO SET THE COMPUTER TO AN EARLIER DATE BUT NO HELP

4. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

sorry about the caps.did't know rule

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Wait, does this have anything to do with a ps2 console at all?

Are you trying to get ps2 dvd games onto your computer harddrive? Or are you just trying to watch a dvd movie on your computer?

6. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

I am just trying to play a movie from my computer...the response I get is there is not player???? Can you help me either re-install so I can watch a movie or what can you suggest? thanks, gumdrop.

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Well that just sounds like you don't have a program installed on your computer to actually 'Play' the movie. Such as PowerDvd or something. Your dvd-rom drive probably came with some software to play dvd's on.

8. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

It is true that originaly I had been able to play movies but I dried downloading a dvd ripper and that was that......so somehow I deleted either the program to play movies or the ability for my computer to find the dvd player or drive..can you help?

9. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

i have all the softwear from the original purchase but the repair I need (I don't know how to figure out which one will re-install the program to play dvd movies.....

10. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

So do you have a dvd burner then? Since that would be the only benefit of using a dvd ripper.

What are the names of the software that it came with? More than likely there would be one specifically for that drive for installation purposes and drivers for it; the other would be the dvd 'player' software.

Usually anyway, i've only purchased 1 dvd-rom drive and 1 dvd burner so far and they've both come with software to play dvd movies on.

11. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

Actually I don't have a dvd burner because I was TRYING to download one for my cd player on the computer...a total failure I might add....anyway I don't have a dvd burner would love to get my dvd player to work....any ideas ?